Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tire Changeover

Wisconsin Dells, WI – We stopped off here for the night. In the morning I performed the closest thing to a roadside repair yet: swapping out the spare tire for this unevenly worn one – located on the front end passenger side.

The van's been pulling to the right since day one. I noticed the tread was a bit worn when I first inspected the vehicle and figured I had better keep an eye on it. It held up pretty good honestly, but I got tired of obsessing over it.

Breaking the lug nuts loose was tough, and getting the spare out from under the van and then the old tire back in underneath wasn't easy, but it was worth it. A pretty simple fix all said and done. Jerry now rolls straight and true and I have one less thing to worry about.

Here's to small victories!


Unevenly worn tread on front right tire. Some feathering/scalloping. Cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment